Re: Contentious Issues
From: Chris Roth - Communities Editor (editorgen-us.net)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 08:22:49 -0700 (PDT)
This seems to be a perennially relevant and evolving list. In "Minding the 'P's' for Cues," an
article in Communities magazine back in Summer 2009 (issue #143), Laird Schaub lays out the following
"Ps" as "the most popular potholes in the pavement to paradise":

Pets
Progeny
Parenting
Power
Parking
Pesticides
Prejudice
Parties in public space
Picking up after one another

And he adds this of "the most potent group polarities":

Process versus Product
Public versus Private
Policing versus Permissiveness
Purity versus Plurality
Privilege versus Parity
Positive thinking versus Pessimism
Passive versus Participatory
Polite versus Potty-mouthed
Passionate versus Phlegmatic
Pausing versus Precipitous response
Propriety versus Promiscuity
Prepared versus Playful
Pass lessons versus Present needs

There is even more to this article, a large portion of whose words also start with
"p." (For those who want to read the whole thing, it and the rest of the issue
are available free in digital form to all current Communities subscribers, and also for
purchase at
https://simplecirc.com/communities/item/2446/communities-143-summer-2009-ecology-and-community.)