Re: cohousing premium?
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 06:17:47 -0800 (PST)
David Heimann <heimann [at] theworld.com>
after deleting 7 quoted messages from digest.
If you need to read earlier message in the thread, see archives:
http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-L/

Hello,

        Our (Jamaica Plain Cohousing) experience, both during initial
sale and thereafter, has been that our sale prices are about the same as
similar units in regular JP condos.  One thing we mention to both
appraisors, agents, and buyers is that we exchange somewhat smaller
spacing for individual units for significantly more common space.

        Our units have routinely sold quickly.  This even happened in
the middle of the Great Recession, when the first of our units were sold
by their original owners!

        We have cultivated relationships with two local real estate
agents (they even helped us price our units during original
development), so they understand cohousing well.  Unit sellers are free
to engage their services (at a discount), but don't have to.

        All the best in your unit appraisals and sales!

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing