Important: Encourage people to join the list
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 11:25:01 -0700 (PDT)
I have twice in two weeks been contacted by a member of a group that has never
heard of Cohousing-L. I can’t imagine how they got to where they are without
it. One is on the brink of moving in and the other on the brink of applying for
a construction loan.

Both were asking questions that if asked on the list would have brought them a
range of responses covering all the questions and answers they would have
needed to avoid development problems.

They never heard of Cohousing-L. What is happening to publicity? I found
cohousing-l in the New York Times in 1993 or 1994. Is it no longer mentioned?

I’m also seeing more and more communities listed here and there that we have
never heard from on the list.

I think it should be the number one out of the gate recommendation to anyone
even curious about cohousing. It’s boots on the ground advice from experienced
cohousers.

Please talk it up and mention it in any of your press interviews. Insist that
it be listed. People are wandering around no totally uninformed but without a
group of experienced peers.

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines, Editor & Publisher
Affordable Housing means 30% of household income
Cohousing means self-developed, self-governed, self-managed
http://affordablecohousing.com

To subscribe to the discussion list send a blank message to:
affordablecohousing+subscribe [at] groups.io