Re: Important: Encourage people to join the list
From: Katie Henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 16:01:27 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon wrote:

I have twice in two weeks been contacted by a member of a group that has never
heard of Cohousing-L. I can’t imagine how they got to where they are without
it.
-----------------------

I have to agree -- I don't know how people find Coho-L. It's mentioned on
cohousing.org but you have to dig to find it.
It's not mentioned at all on the two CohoUS Facebook pages that I'm aware of.
In fact, I just realized there are two Facebook pages. What's the difference?
I've belonged to the second one (the group) since it was created, but to be
honest it's not a very effective resource for finding other cohousers and
discussing issues. It's mostly seekers complaining that cohousing is expensive
and undiverse.

I would suggest putting a link to Coho-L front and center on both of those
Facebook pages, in the first line of the About section. I don't know if there's
a turf/competition issue here, but burying Coho-L is not doing the movement any
favors.

Katie Henry

Cohousing Association of the US
https://www.facebook.com/cohousingUS/