Re: Important: Encourage people to join the list
From: Virgil Huston (virgil.huston1955gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 21:11:35 -0700 (PDT)
I will admit I am older and have been around the Internet since before
there was an Internet, but in all honesty, there has never been a
better way to communicate than the listserv for many specialized
topics like this. There isn't a better solution. Maybe we need to get
young people to learn to appreciate the value of these "old as dirt"
platforms. Some folks think that the Cloud is new. It isn't, it has
been around since the late 70s and was called FTP. There really is no
alternative unless you want to dumb things down. All the email based
groups such as gmail offers are simply listservs.

Cheers,
Virgil