Re: Important: Encourage people to join the list
From: Leila Tite (leila.titegmail.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 07:59:32 -0700 (PDT)
We've been using Discourse <https://www.discourse.org/> for group
discussions for the past year and a half here at Monterey Cohousing. It has
options for people who want push notifications via email The default is to
use it more like a forum, which is something groups.io can do as well. We
started with our own stand-alone instance and now we have it integrated
with Gather <https://gather.coop> for single sign-on.

We had been using Yahoo Groups, but when Yahoo announced they were ending
support for the web interface we could see the writing on the wall and
looked for a suitable replacement.

I like the motto they have for Discourse - "A place for civilized
conversations." That is what cohousing-l has been and I thank Fred Olson
for keeping it civilized.
Leila