Re: question about cohousing communities that have not made it
From: Rod Lambert (rodecovillage.ithaca.ny.us)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 12:53:17 -0700 (PDT)
" ...64% failure rate, wow. Does anyone know how long most people keep
trying
    before they decide to throw in the towel? I mean, you can only put in so
    much money before you decide to cut your losses.....Where is the
breaking
    point?"

Actually if you take into account all those starter groups that don't
register on the CoHo website, I suspect the failure rate is much higher. I
remember, a few years back, it being understood that only ~1 in 10 of these
would make it. Hopefully the ratio has improved of late.

Rod
Ecovillage at Ithaca NY.