Re: choosing a community name
From: Jerry Koch-Gonzalez (jerrysociocracyforall.org)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 14:52:03 -0700 (PDT)
Our legal name is Cherry Hill Condominium Association. We are known to the
world as Pioneer Valley Cohousing Community. In Massachusetts, if I
remember right, it costs $50 every five years to register our public "Doing
Business As" name. Very simple.
On the other hand, we are wondering about changing our name from Pioneer
Valley to something that does not evoke white settlers taking over
indigenous land. After 25 years, it is not easy to decide on a name change.
Jerry
To talk to me about sociocracy or NVC, go here:
https://talktojerry.youcanbook.me

Jerry Koch-Gonzalez
Sociocracy: Effective Egalitarian Governance.
Check out our website Sociocracy For All <http://sociocracyforall.org/> and