Re: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 212, Issue 5
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 08:37:33 -0700 (PDT)
> On Sep 4, 2021, at 11:10 AM, Jack & Carolyn Salmon <2salmon [at]
> earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> I’ve had the same experiences as Ann, when trying to contact some one, any
> one at a cohousing community.  You have to be a real sleuth to find someone
> to have a conversation with…by phone or on-line.  Even if a community has an
> email address or phone number listed in the Cohousing US directory, no one
> seems to be monitoring them.

This is one of those tasks that isn’t high enough priority for Coho-US to
assign resources to but is very important to the development of cohousing. We
need some one like Fred who started the Cohousing-L list to recognize that a
contact list kept updated would fill an essential need and then take it upon
themselves to do it.

I still remember the people who were grateful as well in the 1990s to the
person who made a spreadsheet of all the banks that had financed a cohousing
community. It wasn’t a long list by any means but it included major banks, and
that helped others get financing.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines