Re: Common Meals payment/reservation options?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 11:31:04 -0700 (PDT)
At Takoma Village, we don’t have any one way of doing meals. We have done all
the methods mentioned at one time or another or for one kind of meal or the
other.

The established ‘price’ before the CH was closed down was $4 for adults and $2
for kids. One group rotates cooking so no one who is cooking in the rotation
pays, but others do.

Often people will offer a meal and set their own conditions — $10 for something
special, or give as you wish, or bring a dish. The most frequent is a basket on
the counter and people put money in. Some meals are paid for by the community —
workdays and special celebrations —and the cooks are reimbursed for expenses or
paid a set amount.

We had a lot of discussion about a separate checking account in the beginning.
Some were concerned about the separation of one community activity into
separate record-keeping system. Some were concerned about community funds being
kept in a private checking account.

The flexible system seems to work well.

Sharon
----