Speak up for a longer public comment period re PolyMet ... hope this sends OK
From: Carole Rydberg (carydbergcomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 04:30:28 -0800 (PST)
Could you read and thoroughly analyze a 2,169 page technical document in 90 days?

No? Well, you're not alone. Most of us would need more time.

So why are State and Federal regulators giving the public only 90 days to read PolyMet's revised 2,169-page open pit copper-sulfide mine plan, analyze it, and prepare their comments? Its clear that both experts and citizens need more time to digest the plan and come to their own conclusions.

     Speak Up: Request a Longer Public Comment Period for
     PolyMet's Open Pit Copper-Sulfide Mine Plan

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DScDgXC2LCEaBeVHCM115Zw1vQb9QYF5>

Public hearings right away in January are also a problem. If public meetings were scheduled later in the comment period, it would also give citizens a better chance to share their opinions about PolyMet's sulfide mine plan after we've all had time to read and review the complex document. You can ask for a better comment process.*
*

     Please Request an Extension of PolyMet's Public Comment Period
     from 90 to 180 Days and an Additional Public Meeting.

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=NAM2FOGz5Eeax0Y%2BW4Mzupw1vQb9QYF5>

*You can read **PolyMet's Revised Mine Plan (SDEIS) here* <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=tWOY6OoftrK8au8bmm1Wej3lqQ7oBS0U>*.* *You can also _Sign Up to Comment or Testify at a Public Forum_ <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=D7aTnTWvnGP1niwQDBWrP5w1vQb9QYF5>
*

You can also help by asking your friends to sign up on the WaterLegacy website <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2FHtYquC7rv32z4KwZCJmD5w1vQb9QYF5> and to like us on Facebook <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=SAXiBjhfSBx%2BG%2BuN9Kg7ZZw1vQb9QYF5>, or by donating to fund our independant technical review <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gd6zQKIoUj4xf1TFI09Nu5w1vQb9QYF5>. Every dollar you contribute to WaterLegacy will help us make the hard-nosed scientific review that our communities deserve.

Thanks for your support,

Allen Richardson
WaterLegacy Northern Coordinator
(218) 428-0290

       /Like us on //WaterLegacy Facebook

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mlCzGX9OQnkcysMWTWaMPpw1vQb9QYF5>//page!

       Follow Us On Facebook

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=jjeWLESXSu9DpVV4CeXMU5w1vQb9QYF5>/

//

   HELP WATERLEGACY PROTECT OUR
   VALUABLE WATER RESOURCES

 * LEND A HAND

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=RRZkrM5SHyOKMhcDpaSoSZw1vQb9QYF5>:
 Volunteer
   â and tell us what you'd like to do. We welcome help with tabling,
   data entry, writing, social media, and research â offer /your/ skill
   or inspiration to raise public awareness and support action.
 * DONATE MONEY

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0MI1ssQNVxtKZbm%2FNJOYp5w1vQb9QYF5>:
   Your support is critical to WaterLegacy's uniquely effective
   strategy of technical and legal advocacy, public education, and
   grassroots community outreach.

*NOTE:* WaterLegacy is a federally-registered 501(c)(3), tax-exempt organization.
We do not share your information.*
*