Exporting coal and co2
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 05:00:13 -0800 (PST)
An issue I had not thought about came up on public radio this morning.
(12/18/13 Morning Edition - not yet available on theri web site as
I write) Specifically Native American in Washinton state are opposing a
huge ship terminal to export coal.  Their opposition is based largely
on what it will do to fishing grounds but climate change was mentioned.
That is , as stated in
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=U.S._coal_exports

>Because the impacts of CO2 emissions are global in nature, it makes
>no difference from a climate change perspective whether coal mined in
>Wyoming is consumed in Chicago or Shanghai...

Fred