Upcoming MNIPL events
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 23:01:02 -0800 (PST)
Yo EcoMinds/Climate Change Changers!

Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light has begun posting a calendar of its own
events, which I've copied below. I plan to attend the Policy Team meeting
on January 9 at noon to learn more, and I plan to propose at the next CCC
meeting that we participate in the Climate Conversations Pilot Campaign.
(MNIPL is hoping to sign up ten+ congregations to spearhead the project.)

I attended the Be the Spark fall training session and highly recommend it.
I was able to get to know and work with Joy Throm (MNIPL Board Chair),
Cecilia Newton, and Rick Condon from EcoMinds/First U, and that made the
experience even more valuable, so I encourage a small group from EM/CCC to
attend the spring session.

I also plan to attend the March 1 event. I will be meeting with Shannon and
David in early January to discuss hiring Dr. Heather Hackman (
www.hackmanconsultinggroup.org), First U's racial justice consultant, for a
program of similar length and intensity at FUS, based on my having attended
a 90-minute racial justice workshop that she facilitated at First U on
December 15. Because Dr. Hackman also addresses issues of climate justice,
I hope to include some training for EM/CCC in her mandate.

Because of my training experiences with MNIPL and MN350, I have begun
working with both groups. I am calling 80 congregational leaders (mostly
clergy) to encourage wider participation in the 2014 National Preach-In on
Climate Change, as well as to educate them about MNIPL's other programs; I
am joining MN350's Tar Sands Team, which meets weekly; and I have agreed to
help revitalize the Communications Team with several others. I am also
doing research to upgrade some aspects of their website. I encourage others
to build stronger bridges between EM/CCC and MNIPL/MN350 (which share staff
and office space at 2104 Stevens Ave. S.) by attending their events and
joining in the work of their teams.

MNIPL Events:

January 9th: Join our Policy Team.  Our next meeting is at 2104 Stevens
Ave. S.  Noon.  Light lunch provided.  Please sign up
here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qI461_fDEfm1-UY3LBh2H3chieNsrZ24nUloAeJbDfs/viewform>to
join the team or to indicate you will attend meeting to learn more!
Contact
 Julia Nerbonne for more info: julia [at] mnipl.org.

 January 15th: Community Solar Committee Meeting at 2104 Stevens Ave. S.
6:30 to 8:30 pm.  Please sign up
here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vkBxUiv2If7zzE8n1nYZC89mhYSTk7cIkENJ7cZZSxA/viewform>to
attend! Contact Rick Condon (
condonjefferds [at] charter.net) for more info.

January 27th:  Climate Conversations Introductory Training and Organizing
Meeting at 2104 Stevens Ave. S. 6:30 to 8:30 pm.  Please sign up
here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Zt02sOC0e1eTb9Nv4wFImPDlPb2J-noWMraC8xtWWKI/viewform>to
attend! Contact Erin Pratt for more information:
erin [at] mnipl.org
.

 February 2nd, 16th; March 2nd, 16th:  Be the Spark Spring Training
Session.  4:00 to 7:30 each evening.  Location in the metro area.  TBA.
Please register
here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18HUxK8NtHOG8oWRO8MeG1aippj2Q0Xe1B8oNQQdo3rE/viewform>!
Contact Erin Pratt with questions
 or for more information: erin [at] mnipl.org.

March 1st: Reconciling
Faith and the Climate Crisis: Addressing Systems of Oppression as Integral
to a Just and Sustainable Future.  Location in the metro area.  TBA.
Contact Erin Pratt with questions or for more information: erin [at] mnipl.org.

<erin [at] mnipl.org>