Minn-Dakota Citizens Climate Lobby Regional Conference
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:46:23 -0800 (PST)
Here's the latest update on the Minn-Dakota CCL Regional Conference, yet
another opportunity to get up off the couch and put your body where your
mouth is. This seems particularly appropriate for 'Cecilia's Crew' of
legislative activists.

Too bad this falls on the same weekend as the Forum on Race, Climate and
Community Health at the Wellstone Center. I plan to attend one or the
other, my final decision depending on whether anyone else (even just one
person) from CCC/EcoMinds has a hankering to go as well. Please let me know
if you are so inclined, so we can meet up and pool our opportunities to
learn and act.

*Join us for the Minn-Dakota CCL Regional Conference, January 24 to 26,
2014 at Macalester College in St Paul *

Our Citizens Climate Lobby Regional (MN, ND, SD) Conference is scheduled
for Friday, January 24 through Sunday, January 26th at Macalester College
in St. Paul.

Friday evening, January 24th will feature keynote speaker Paul Douglas on
local impacts of climate change and Mark Reynolds, Executive Director of
Citizens Climate Lobby.   See Paul Douglas' article "A Message from a
Republican Meteorologist on Climate Change"
here<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-douglas/republican-climate-change_b_1374900.html>
.

Saturday morning will feature sessions on Minnesota climate impacts,
followed by a local food lunch and an afternoon of citizen lobby training
on passing legislation to put a price on carbon pollution while returning
the collected fees to American households.

Saturday evening will feature a community meal followed by a Minnesota
friendly skating/ winter fun party and gathering to de-chill afterwards at
the St. Paul Davannis.

Sunday we will continue the deep lobby training and commitment to action.
More details for the conference are coming soon!!

 Here's some details about the conference schedule...
     Fri. evening Jan. 24 at Macalester College's Weyerhauser Chapel (bldg
30 on map <http://www.macalester.edu/about/maps/campusmap-large.html>)
          7: 00 pm - Paul Douglas - "Climate Change Impacts on Minnesota"
          7:50 pm  - Zac HB Forefather Rap the Earth Performance
          8:00 pm - CCL Ex. Dir. Mark Reynolds - "Betting the Farm on
Relationships"

      Sat. Jan. 25th (starts 9 am) - at Macalester College Carnegie Hall
(bldg 25 on map <http://www.macalester.edu/about/maps/campusmap-large.html>)
           Morning:  Break-out session on Reasons I Care about This -
                - Prof. Lee Frelich on Impacts on Minnesota Flora & Fauna
                - Tara Ritter of Inst. on Agriculture & Trade Policy on
Impacts on Agriculture
                - Kristin Raab of MN Dept of Health on Impacts on Health &
Urban Life
          Afternoon
                1:00 - 2:30 Breakout sessions
                    - Group Start for new members, with Mark Reynolds
                    - Developing Your Chapter, with Madeleine Parra
                 2:45 - 4:00 Lobby Training I with Mark Reynolds
                 4:15 to 5:30 - Strategy Presentation with Madeleine Parra
and Paul Thompson
           Evening (optional) - Skating party at Groveland Park, dinner &
social at Davanni's

       Sunday, Jan 26th (9 am to Noon)
            Lobby Trainng II with Mark Reynolds

JOIN US!! and bring your family...engaged youth over 10 years old are
welcome.

here!<https://coolplanetmn2.wufoo.com/forms/citizens-climate-lobby-regional-conference/>
And please help spread the word about the conference to Facebook friends
through this FB event page<https://www.facebook.com/events/690452827640717/>
!

Here are posters for the Regional Conference.  Please print and post!

   CCL Conference January 2014 Poster - blue
background.pdf<http://www.citizensclimatelobby-mn.org/CCL%20Conference%20January%202014%20Poster%20-%20blue%20background.pdf>
   CCL Conference January 2014 Poster - white
background.pdf<http://www.citizensclimatelobby-mn.org/CCL%20Conference%20January%202014%20Poster%20-%20white%20background.pdf>

And here's the press release for the conference.  Please send to media
outlets in your area!
CCLConferencePressRelease.pdf<http://www.citizensclimatelobby-mn.org/CCLConferencePressRelease.pdf>
 *"Most impressive is the work of Citizens Climate Lobby, a relatively new,
fastgrowing, nonpartisan, nonprofit group with 60 chapters across the
United States and Canada. If you want to join the fight to save the planet,
to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step
you could take than becoming an active member of this group."* - Dr. James
Hansen, head of Goddard Institute for Space Studies, NASA