Next Citizens Climate Lobby Meetings
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 17:17:55 -0800 (PST)
While I'm in a CCL state of mind, I thought I'd mention the Citizens
Climate Lobby's next monthly meetings on February 1. I read Jon Haidt's
"The Righteous Mind" last year and highly recommend it. If anyone is going
to the Minneapolis meeting, please let me know so we can meet up there and
perhaps continue the conversation afterwards.

As I said at the last CCC/EcoMinds meeting, you can't find information
about CCL activity in Minnesota at the national CCL website. All you get
are email addresses of various CCL groups, and no one at the Minneapolis
CCL group responded to my email query about date, time, location, and
topic. Instead, the place to go is here:
http://www.citizensclimatelobby-mn.org/.

*Next CCL meetings are on Saturday, February 1!  *

Citizens Climate Lobby generally has meetings on the first Saturday of each
month at locations all across the U.S.A. and Canada. Currently there are
CCL chapters in these Minnesota communities:  Alexandria, Bemidji, Dakota
County, Edina, Minneapolis, Morris, St Cloud, St Paul, Stillwater, Two
Harbors, Wayzata,
 and Willmar.

Each month, a notable speaker on a topic related to climate change speaks
to all of the meetings by phone conference call. Guest speaker (by national
conference call) on February 1 will be Jon Haidt
,
 author of "The Righteous Mind". He'll discuss how we came to be so
 politically polarized as a nation and what needs to happen to restore a
more cooperative system of gove
ning.