Climate Access
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:20:21 -0800 (PST)
Earlier today I was accepted for membership in Climate Access, which is
described below.
It's a terrific resource. I encourage those who are interested to get
connected. The website can be found here: http://www.climateaccess.org/.

A bridge between research and action. For years, we at TRIG's Social
Capital Project <http://www.thesocialcapitalproject.org> have been hearing
from climate practitioners that this is what they need. Those in government
and nonprofits trying to communicate to the public about climate change say
that they often lack the time and resources to digest the latest research
and incorporate it into their campaigns. Similarly, researchers wish to
know more about how their findings are playing out in the field. Everyone
wants to know what they need to know, and to have it available at their
fingertips.

Climate Access is that bridge.

In the fall of 2011, The Resource Innovation Group's Social Capital
Project<http://www.thesocialcapitalproject.org>,
in partnership with the Rutgers Climate
Institute<http://climatechange.rutgers.edu/> and
the Stonehouse Standing Circle <http://stonehousesummit.com/>, launched
Climate Access to provide climate communications thinkers and doers with
access to the necessary tools, knowledge and people. This is all in the
name of increasing public support for climate policies and engagement in
programs that help people, organizations and communities change their
energy and other carbon-intensive behaviors.

Climate Access facilitates the rapid peer-to-peer exchange of information,
bringing together those working on climate communications from various
organizations and institutions. As such, Climate Access serves as a network
of networks that fosters connection and collaboration and helps turn ideas
into action. It also features the Social Capital Project's ability to
synthesize and analyze the most relevant research and campaign strategies.