Fwd: Moodle AY 2013-2014: forum digest
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:33:21 -0800 (PST)
Here's something fun that came my way. MinuteEarth seems particularly
suited to parents and kids. Enjoy.

From: Moodle AY 2013-2014 <noreply [at] ay13.moodle.umn.edu>
Date: Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Subject: Moodle AY 2013-2014: forum digest
To: Scott Jackson <jacks758 [at] umn.edu>

 This is your daily digest of new posts from the Moodle 2.4 Academic Year
2013-2014 forums. To change your forum email preferences, go to your user
profile <https://ay13.moodle.umn.edu/user/edit.php?id=70580&course=1>.

------------------------------

EEB5146_001S14 <https://ay13.moodle.umn.edu/course/view.php?id=9963> ->
Forums <https://ay13.moodle.umn.edu/mod/forum/index.php?id=9963> ->
Announcements <https://ay13.moodle.umn.edu/mod/forum/view.php?f=50840>
-> Frontiers
in the Environment, IonE, Jan 29,
MinuteEarth<https://ay13.moodle.umn.edu/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=268026>

[image: Picture of Peter
Reich]<https://ay13.moodle.umn.edu/user/view.php?id=41941&course=9963>
Frontiers in the Environment, IonE, Jan 29, MinuteEarth
by Peter Reich<https://ay13.moodle.umn.edu/user/view.php?id=41941&course=9963>-
Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 7:34 PM

Wednesdays, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
IonE Seminar Room R380, Learning & Environmental Sciences
Bldg.<http://environment.umn.edu/about/map.html>,
St. Paul
Free and open to the public; no registration required
<http://umconnect.umn.edu/IonEFrontiers>
*January 29 -- Science Communication: Teach, Entertain or Inspire?*
*Alex Reich, Peter Reich, Henry Reich: Creators of MinuteEarth*

Science affects pretty much every aspect of our lives, so it's important
that people care about science and know about science. Henry, Alex and
Peter Reich are trying to work on both fronts with
MinuteEarth<http://www.youtube.com/minuteearth/>,
a YouTube channel that aims to provide an energetic and entertaining view
of geology, ecology, climate science and more. Come hear how and why they
started and continue to make MinuteEarth, and join in a discussion about
the purpose and role of science communication in general.
Reply <https://ay13.moodle.umn.edu/mod/forum/post.php?reply=759593>
See this post in
context<https://ay13.moodle.umn.edu/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=268026#p759593>
 Everyone is subscribed to this forum via email