Fwd: Can the DNR fix Polymet's Problems?
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 11:05:48 -0800 (PST)
Mining Truth strikes again with a new website, Polymet Problems.

From: Mining Truth <Reply [at] conservationminnesota.org>
Date: Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Subject: Can the DNR fix Polymet's Problems?
To: sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

    [image: Mining Truth
Banner]<http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=gmzzvTftTRc1PLkvCEsjlA>
  Donate<http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=YjlMn8dBhzBFS2Yapm7Btw>|
Visit
Us Online<http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=gGkrUukqWLfPqBmpYc1fvA>

Dear Scott,
  [image: 10 Problems with Polymet Moose
Habitat]<http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=q5zJIfKusIt_zwOUVwDciw>

As we have reviewed PolyMet's mine plan, we've found many problems that
need to be addressed.  Some of these you've already heard of, like
PolyMet's proposal to treat polluted waters for hundreds of years after
closure.  But there are others that may be new to you, like the loss of
moose habitat and the public health risk from asbestos-like minerals.

That's why we are launching a new website this morning called PolyMet
Problems<http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=QTRAQnj9WL4HzBapTFLtEg>.
Our goal, with your help, is to make sure the DNR addresses all of the
impacts of Polymet's mine plan before considering permits and that
Minnesotans understand all that is at stake.

For each PolyMet Problem, you can learn more, tell the DNR what you think,
and share them on Facebook and Twitter.  Today, we started with 10 PolyMet
Problems, but there are more.  We'll prepare summaries and share other
PolyMet Problems over the coming weeks, so be sure to check back often and
follow us on
Facebook<http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=eKErFlzC2ORzO4AfR5IBQw>to
keep up to date.

Over 6,000 people have already told the DNR that PolyMet's mine plan is
deeply flawed.  PolyMet Problems gives you a chance to pick a specific
issue you care about and help make sure the DNR gives it the attention it
deserves.

Please explore PolyMet
Problems<http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=74dzjL4ym0NOrDQU8ETlSg>.
We hope you find the information useful and share it with your friends and
family.

Sincerely,
  [image: Paul's Signature] [image: Paul Danicic Sig] [image: Scott Strand
Sig]

Paul Austin
Executive Director
Conservation Minnesota

Paul Danicic
Executive Director
Friends of the Boundary
Waters Wilderness
 Scott Strand
Executive Director
Minnesota Center for
Environmental Advocacy

        <http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=7ZuoMHAzZD6VJc_J73BIdg>

Visit our web
site<http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=nVGYXtsmAE5LrPIcwqta4w>|
Contact
Us <http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=6ptU7qRnlM61SmbZcx_2Rw> |
Donate <http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=a89ix2hAc83NCOH5vfaBUg>|
 [image:
Facebook New Blue
20]<http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=4T9ti3nWf9pVOW_dpK0CLA>
| [image: Twitter New Blue
25]<http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=7NXpF4YZaEqBTFaZGylqTw>

  1101 West River Parkway, Suite 250, Minneapolis, MN 55119 tel:
612.767.2444
Mining Truth(c)  a project of Conservation Minnesota, Friends of the Boundary
Waters Wilderness, and the Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy

2014 All rights reserved.
     [image: powered by Blackbaud]
<http://my.conservationminnesota.org/site/R?i=5f6lhtdVuBZQm6VmeOx7lw>
nonprofit software