Fwd: Tar Sands Oil in Minnesota?
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 23:35:10 -0800 (PST)
Here's a letter from Julia Nerbonne, Executive Director of MN Interfaith
Power & Life, about focusing MN faith communities on tar sands and the
Alberta Clipper pipeline. Among the suggested actions is hosting a letter
writing campaign in congregations by early April. MNIPL hopes to recruit
10-15 congregations, and if you click on the link you'll see that I'm the
contact person who has been tasked with recruiting those congregations.

I hope to discuss the possibility of recruiting at least one UU
congregation at the next MUUSJA/CCC meeting, if Nancy, Marcy, and Mary Anne
are willing to put me on the agenda. (I would also like to do a brief
update of the Climate Conversations Pilot Campaign before it moves to the
FUS/CCC action team.)

Today Kathy Hollander, MN350's Tar Sands Team co-lead, and I discussed
having a training session as well for persons who would like to testify at
the administrative hearing on April 3. (I was speaking as someone who would
like to testify and would appreciate a training session beforehand.)
Hopefully I'll have more information about that as well at the March 18
meeting.