Fwd: SLIDESHOW: Don't lose hope for climate action
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 08:58:49 -0700 (PDT)
Some graphics from the Environmental Defense Fund. Plus a chance to record
your 'climate confessions'! (Only the NSA will know.)

From: Heather Shelby <takeaction [at] edf.org>
Date: Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Subject: SLIDESHOW: Don't lose hope for climate action
To: sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

      This email should display for most devices. If it is not displaying
beautifully, view the web
version.<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=18Htilt9yc-s-tLhu0YLrQ>
         [image: EDF]
  But we've got a lot of work to do.      [image: please enable images!]
<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=rB3CAYpweuHhmUvZ73SPVw>       View the
Slideshow â <http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=9guHnhv0Bq0r6l8D6mTuWw>

Scottâ

Some days, the burden of knowing how grave a threat the climate crisis is
can seem overwhelming.

You feel the weight of it. Day in and day out, it's easy to get
discouraged... to feel that there is no way we can make any difference
against the likes of the Koch Brothers, the fossil fuel lobby, and the
climate deniers in Congress.

*But here's the key point: There's still hope. We are making meaningful
progress, and our slideshow proves it.
<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=Sj9GmHs_uJ-GIRkS8daf4A>*

Don't misunderstand me. The climate crisis is the gravest environmental
threat humanity has ever faced. Solving it will not be easy.

Just last week, the American Association for the Advancement of Scienceâthe
world's largest general scientific societyâreleased a report on global
warming entitled, "What We Know." The 18-pager paints a grim picture.

A quick summary? *The climate crisis has arrivedâand it's putting our
communities at risk.* A direct quote?

*The evidence is overwhelming: Levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere
are rising. Temperatures are going up. Springs are arriving earlier. Ice
sheets are melting. Sea level is rising. The patterns of rainfall and
drought are changing. Heat waves are getting worse, as is extreme
precipitation. The oceans are acidifying.*

I knowâit's ominous.

But, in spite of these dire warnings, this fight is far from over. We have
a lot of work to do. We'll need an army to get it all doneâ*and that's why
we're lucky we have you. *

*Find out how far we've come, and what we've got ahead of us.
<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=UmGx9H3HuE7WcYwCzmwSWQ>*

[image: Heather Shelby]Thank you for all you do,
[image: HeatherShelbySig]
Heather Shelby
Action Network Coordinator

     <http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=XD7293y5Roz1iIO-XAcdTA>
<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=NMu5v_rQPoQS68km3FSXhQ>
<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=3Fumd3_noh2TjFU1EM2Tgw> *   Share this
message on Facebook
<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=2_OuP3NAOW9OPlpFnPFQdg>, Twitter
<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=TRqAK-Fz86KQWz9WZgsTyQ>, and Google+
<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=z4sJ0OSLuwHSVOdGRquMTg>.*

Email this message to
friends.<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=wQYrjro0Xnb-oBqnH4ebjw>If a
friend sent this to you, sign
up yourself <http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=HGLR2Q50qYnwapJ_wLS2yA>.
         [image:
Facebook]<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=cmaKN53Fe8G780ZHrR39Kw>
[image:
Twitter] <http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=sQ6P6a1d2ZkOzIDw0YWCkA> [image:
YouTube] <http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=54mJ_k3MKfNugSqi3SPzHA> [image:
RSS] <http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=90gEXOBKFqR2JpRYTQyBAg>
 Environmental Defense Fund
1875 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 600,
Washington, DC 20009
(800) 684-3322

 MyEDF <http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=Ro4j-gtxIPhnXRZAbwWALw> |
EDF.org<http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=2xerkRj2V1dh0-Bskc5oRw>|
Donate <http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=twbIuc9KTlySJZHtSKKgNw> | Update
contact info <http://support.edf.org/site/R?i=Lfpd278rX94cSFue-YJY4Q>
email<http://support.edf.org/site/CO?i=NMPcq9F4IG_ADT58bwUePGzrEU_MmRdL&cid=1584&autologin=true&utm_source=EDF%20action%20network&utm_medium=email-35361&utm_campaign=footer&first_name=Scott&cons_id=4440848>