Fwd: Noon on Earth Day--Say No to Frac Sand Mining in MN
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:23:56 -0700 (PDT)
Here's an earlier Earth Day event for those planning to attend the Clean
Energy & Jobs Rally at the Capitol.

From: Terry Hokenson <twhokwindsun [at] gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Subject: Noon on Earth Day--Say No to Frac Sand Mining in MN
To: mn350-tar-sands-team [at] googlegroups.com

I'm sure many of you are on the LSP email list, but for the rest of you, I
am pasting the contents of a recent message from Land Stewardship Project
concerning the delivery of a petition to Gov. Dayton asking for a
moratorium on Frac Sand Mining:

*Over 5,000 Minnesotans Have Signed the Petition to Protect MN from the
Frac Sand Industry *

Dear friend,

I am excited to report that we have exceeded the goal of 5,000 Minnesotans
signing our petition calling on Governor Mark Dayton to enact a two-year
moratorium on frac sand mining in southeast Minnesota and to create tough
state level regulations to protect air and water quality. *Thank you for
your signature. *

*Now I want to invite you to join us on Earth DayâTuesday, April 22âat noon
for a rally and delivery of the petitions to the Governor at the state
Capitol.  *

Meet us in Room 181 of the State Office Building (100 Rev. Martin Luther
King, Jr. Blvd., St. Paul) across from the Capitol. RSVP to me at
bking [at] landstewardshipproject.org<bking [at]
landstewardshipproject.org?subject=I%20will%20be%20there%20on%20Earth%20Day>
or
612-722-6377 for full details.

Many are arriving by a bus traveling through southeast Minnesota and the
heart of the areas targeted for frac sand mining. You can find the bus
route and how to reserve a seat
here.<http://landstewardshipproject.org/posts/590>

Marilyn Frauenkron Bayer will be there. Her family has lived in Houston
County since 1865. Marilyn has been fighting to see that frac sand mining
does not destroy the land her family has stewarded for seven generations
and wants to see preserved for seven more generations. Lynn Schoen will be
there. Lynn is a member of the Wabasha city council. Her community has
built jobs around promoting the Great River Road, the National Eagle Center
and tourism in general related to the beauty of the Mississippi River. Frac
sand mining, hauling and processing puts all that in jeopardy.

Ensuring stewardship of the land takes people organizing and standing up to
corporate interests that value short term profits above all else. That is
what Earth Day is about. Please, plan to join us.

Sincerely,
 Bobby King
 Land Stewardship Project
 State Policy Organizer