Fwd: Join us on April 30 to get polluter money out of MN politics
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:09:38 -0700 (PDT)
Here's another reason to visit the Capitol this legislative session. A
carpool would be helpful for me.

From: Wanda Ballentine <wsb70 [at] comcast.net>
Date: Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Subject: Join us on April 30 to get polluter money out of MN politics

 [image: http://www.foe.org]   [image: []]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1milJdpLNX07coYhxFKrXzbZElBtiERk>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=p2ovRPwq2B4wacYU5DE4HzbZElBtiERk>
[image:
[]]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7PFxzmU0w6U4GSNQezMSmjbZElBtiERk>
[image:
[]]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Q46gIBrP%2FMqItvSooWAjwTbZElBtiERk>
[image:
[]]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VZhC453p%2F7ZYViIXNmGepUiYV4L7VUnc>

You’ve probably noticed that special interest money in politics has been
increasing at a rapid rate in Minnesota. Since the Citizens United v. FEC
Supreme Court decision, “independent spenders” (special interests who
operate separately from political candidates) have poured billions of
dollars into billboards, advertisements and mailings designed to influence
elections.

*But we can do something about the flood of campaign cash in Minnesota.
Join us on April 30 in St. Paul for our citizen lobby day! Click here to
send an RSVP email.
<foeaction [at] basebuilderllc.org?subject=St.%20Paul%20lobby%20day%20RSVP>
*Friends
of the Earth, along with Common Cause, the League of Women Voters and other
allies, are promoting a legislative solution: House File 1944, which
strengthens the disclosure rules for political spending, particularly “dark
money” -- undisclosed campaign cash that is so often used by polluters and
special interests. As voters, we can’t push for good environmental policies
if campaign laws allow polluting corporations to spend unlimited money on
their interests. We need your help keep the playing field fair.

*Join our citizen lobby day next week to help shine a light on “dark
money.” Send us an email to RSVP now.
<foeaction [at] basebuilderllc.org?subject=St.%20Paul%20lobby%20day%20RSVP> Here
are the details: What:* Citizen lobby day
*Where:* State Capitol, 75 Rev Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, St. Paul
*When:* Wednesday, April 30 -- 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

And of course, we’re doing all we can to reverse Citizens United. So, in
addition, we will be advocating for House File 276, a resolution calling on
Congress to amend the Constitution so that money is not free speech and
corporations are not people.

*Help Minnesota stand up for clean elections and a clean planet! Email
Michael Blanch
<foeaction [at] basebuilderllc.org?subject=St.%20Paul%20lobby%20day%20RSVP>, or
call 612-508-8463 <612-508-8463>, to join our lobby day in St. Paul. *We
will provide you with more details when you RSVP. And not to worry -- we
will provide an orientation, handouts, talking points, and team captains to
support each one of you. Please come, and bring along other friends of the
Earth!

*For clean elections and a clean planet, Michelle Chan, Economic policy
program director, Friends of the Earth Contact usFriends of the Earth U.S.
Washington DC Berkeley CA 1-877-843-8687
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=c%2BgsHOqI1k%2Buzc12UprpMzbZElBtiERk>
Contact us »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=nWQdav2tiFo9u6DAtlm66TbZElBtiERk>
Email preferences Click here to unsubscribe »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5bC0wEZ9qxN86mNVS5d9rTbZElBtiERk>
View email in web browser »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=vX5%2Benmh1nI1gYODXvoXoDbZElBtiERk>
Learn more www.foe.org/news »