Sierra Club's Beyond Oil & Tar Sands Meeting
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 19:20:31 -0700 (PDT)
The Sierra Club is organizing a new Beyond Oil committee on Monday, April
28, at 6:30-8:30 pm (more details below). If anyone has the time and
interest beyond the hectic pace of the MUUSJA environmental working group,
I encourage them to attend. I plan to be there to see how the Sierra Club's
response can augment my work with MN350's Tar Sands Team.

 Beyond Oil & Tar Sands Meeting
When

April 28, 2014: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Where

Sierra Club Office, 2327 E. Franklin Ave,
Minneapolis<https://goo.gl/maps/OQBa4>
Contact

Margaret Levin <margaret.levin [at] sierraclub.org>
Description

Tar sands are one of the dirtiest fuels on Earth, and a proposed expansion
of the Alberta Clipper pipeline would allow nearly as much tar sands to
flow across MN as Keystone XL. A new Sierra Club committee is forming to
oversee our response to these “all risk, no reward” proposals. On April 28,
learn more about tar sands pipelines in MN, and get involved to protect our
state and climate!

Contact: margaret.levin [at] sierraclub.org