MNIPL | Reconciliation Faith and the Climate Crisis
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 05:42:49 -0700 (PDT)
Here's updated information about this two-session MN Interfaith Power &
Light workshop that includes the location. I've already registered. I hope
to see some of you there.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

*May 20 and 22*, evenings 6:00-9:00 pm. *Reconciliation Faith and the
Climate Crisis: Addressing Systems of Oppression as Integral to a Just and
Sustainable Future.* St. Joan of Arc, 4537 3rd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN
55419. No matter our faith tradition we are taught that kindness,
compassion and just action are at the core of what it means to be people of
faith.  Social injustice and systems of oppression historically and
currently cause marginalization and suffering.  Addressing these as a part
of our work on climate change is an imperative.  How do we do this?  What
will this look like?  What does reconciliation mean when we consider, for
instance, the historical roles religion has played in cultural genocide?
 Join us for two evening sessions with Erika Thorne, Training elder from
Training for Change.  We will learn, explore, heal and strategize about how
to bring social justice to the heart of our work. Register
today!<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mnQfAhqiBzUzhBKb4Ng1Vd1dUx5J3NfgTPCbqBKIVQM/viewform?usp=send_form>
Contact Erin Pratt <erin [at] mnipl.org> with questions for more information.