Hurricane Michele Bachmann [was: Fwd: Love it....
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 06:37:01 -0700 (PDT)
Aside: Many people these days have access to more information
including in their inbox than they can deal with so we have to be
selective.  If you are posting about a resource, I urge you to include
a substantive remarks about the resource to give people a basis for
deciding whether to follow up. (Not necessarily as extensive as mine
below - I got into it and sent it to 4 lists of people I know.

In the absense of some idea what a URL is, I tend to skip it.  Of
course having an informative subject line is also very useful since
subject lines is also imortant for communicating effectively.  Most
subject lines get read, the body of messages are less read.

---------------------------------

The 2:37 minute video at the site http://climatenamechange.org is a real
hoot.   But it is serious too.  The video is very well done IMHO.

It starts by asking what people named Katrina and Sandy did to get a
destructive storm named after them and shows grafitti like "GO AWAY
KATRINA" "WE ALL HATE YOU SANDY"  Then It has news reports about
hurricanes and such but the names of the storms are...

Marco Rubio
Michele Bachmann ( MN & only female on this list :( )
David Vitter
Rick Perry
John Boehner
Collin Peterson ( MN :( )
James Inhofe
Paul Ryan
Jeff Sessions
Paul Broun
Darrell Issa
Lamar Smith

Petition to the WMO (World Meteorological Organization) to name
extreme storms after climate change deniers.

Since 1954, the WMO has been naming extreme storms after people. As
scientific evidence shows that climate change is creating increasingly
frequent and devastating storms, and with climate scientists declaring
these extreme weather events as the new normal, we propose a new
naming system. A system that names extreme storms caused by climate
change, after the policy makers who deny climate change and obstruct
climate policy.

Fred