Fwd: How Much Greenhouse Gas Does Your State Emit?
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 22:49:51 -0700 (PDT)
A map from Ecowatch.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wanda Ballentine <wsb70 [at] comcast.net>
Date: Mon, May 19, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Subject: How Much Greenhouse Gas Does Your State Emit?

 http://ecowatch.com/2014/05/17/greenhouse-gas-state-rankings/

*How Much Greenhouse Gas Does Your State Emit?*Brandon
Baker<http://ecowatch.com/author/brandon-baker/>| May 17, 2014 9:00 am

Comments<http://ecowatch.com/2014/05/17/greenhouse-gas-state-rankings/#comments>

Just like our 50 states vary in size, infrastructure and finances, they
also differ in the amount of dangerous gases their industries emit into the
atmosphere.

Using the most recent state-level carbon dioxide data from the U.S. Energy
Information Administration and large-facility greenhouse gas emission data
from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency,
MyLife.com<http://www.mylife.com/blog/us-greenhouse-gas-emissions-by-state/>has
compiled a ranking of the greenhouse gas output of each state.

“Climate change is an ever-growing concern for our planet,” Christian
Neeser writes. “It is not a problem that is easily quantifiable or
solvable, but we can start with awareness.”

[image: []]

Despite its strong
reputation<http://ecowatch.com/2014/03/02/texas-wind-energys-king/>for
clean, wind energy, Texas was the highest-emitting state, by far,
nearly doubling second-place California. Vermont was the lowest greenhouse
emitter.

MyLife also considered the state Census population estimates to figure out
the emissions-per-capita ranking. New
York<http://ecowatch.com/2014/03/06/new-york-solar-energy-projects/>had
the lowest emissions per capita, while Wyoming had the highest.