Fwd: Divest the Vatican Now
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 14:03:11 -0700 (PDT)
Here's a petition from our friends at Interfaith Power & Light and 350.org
to sign.

From: Susan Stephenson <info [at] interfaithpowerandlight.org>
Date: Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Subject: Divest the Vatican Now
To: sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

   <#147ead7e2492219d_>
 <#147ead7e2492219d_>

<#147ead7e2492219d_> <#147ead7e2492219d_>[image: Interfaith Power & Light]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=dubezYfDQQWMXZ1WjU3YuztJGpJUJ3ik>

[image: Divest the Vatican: Call on the Pope to divest from fossil fuels.
Add your name.]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gGEca39Pq68g873pT%2B%2BPRXAeohwFC3LD>Dear
Scott,

Did you know that the Vatican bank controls $9 billion in investments? What
if all that money were invested with the values Pope Francis shares:
protecting Creation for future generations and serving the poor? That could
have a big impact.

IPL is joining with our friends at 350.org to encourage the Pope to put the
Vatican’s money where its mouth is.

*Join IPL and our friends at 350.org in urging the Vatican to divest from
fossil fuels.
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=O8gNmGZx4WQ56jOAuR03qjtJGpJUJ3ik>*

In 2007 the Vatican pledged to become the world's first carbon neutral
nation. It has since taken positive steps toward that goal, funding the
Vatican Climate Forest in Hungary and placing a $1.5 million solar array on
its roof. Now, with a Pope named for the patron saint of animals and the
environment, what better time to take the next step toward Creation
stewardship by freeing the Vatican from investments that harm Creation?

*Urge the Vatican to divest from fossil fuels now.
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=L2laPvBKHrdgjfTi3T9CxDtJGpJUJ3ik>*

With the ear of 1.2 billion Catholics and the respect of Christians and
non-Christians alike, Pope Francis is uniquely positioned to add both his
voice and the unique moral power of his office to the divestment movement.

This Pope understands the threat of climate change. In an audience this
year, he told the faithful “Creation is not a property, which we can rule
over at will; or, even less, is the property of only a few: Creation is a
gift, it is a wonderful gift that God has given us, so that we care for it
and we use it for the benefit of all, always with great respect and
gratitude.”

He understands the moral imperative of caring for creation. *He understands
that if we do nothing, then the impacts of climate change will be horrific,
and will fall hardest on the world's most vulnerable people.* He gets that
humans are responsible for protecting the planet - and ourselves.

*Let’s ask Pope Francis to make divestment part of his moral argument.
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=y%2BVHhG%2B7xLensDRi%2F4frKztJGpJUJ3ik>*

Add your name to the petition to divest the Vatican now.

Thank you for taking action.

Sincerely,

Susan Stephenson

  Contribute
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9%2BBgHZANE2LvEK4TCQCBc3AeohwFC3LD>

This email was sent to sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com.
To unsubscribe from this organization's email list, please click here.
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FoxvzwOHISGmFrH%2F1MAnjXAeohwFC3LD>

Interfaith Power & Light
http://www.interfaithpowerandlight.org/
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=GZtlvNxKOvg9CbEMAhoJgDtJGpJUJ3ik>