Re: Act for climate justice-from UUSC
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 09:03:04 -0700 (PDT)
I got it, Madeline, and posted a link to the UU Justice Web, Metro NY
Meetup group (which is what you get when you click on the 'RSVP for the
march now' link; I joined the group, which should facilitate finding UU's
when I'm in NYC for the People's Climate March) at the FUS/CCC listserv a
couple of days ago. I thought I had posted information about the PCM and
the three buses that MN350 and MN Interfaith Power & Light have engaged to
get people there, but there's nothing on the listserv so apparently I
didn't. I'll post that now.

I bought a bus ticket a couple of weeks ago, and I intend to go early
(Friday morning) so I can attend the Climate Convergence (which has
workshops and plenary sessions) on Saturday. There will also be an
interfaith bus, which will be leaving on Friday morning and stopping in the
Philadelphia area on Saturday late afternoon/evening to meet with some
congregations there, including a UU congregation. (I got the congregationl
information from Julia Nerbonne, the Executive Director of MNIPL. I'm doing
some calling for MNIPL to drum up support for the PCM.)

So yes, I think the PCM should be posted as a MAP action, Madeline, and I
think it should be brought up at the social justice committee meeting
tomorrow (which I expect to attend), Mary Ann. I'll ask David about
mentioning it in his talk on August 31, and I think it would be most
excellent if Ashley Horan, the new MUUSJA Executive Director, decides to
take the interfaith bus to the PCM.

Finally, there may be an event in Minneapolis on September 21 in
conjunction with the PCM for those who can't go, and I expect there to be a
live feed from NYC. If there is a feed, there will be an effort to set up
'house parties' in the Twin Cities area, and I'll see if Shannon can do
that at FUS (perhaps in conjunction with the first session of the four week
discussion of Joanna Macy's *Active Hope *starting that afternoon; the
timing obviously doesn't work for me, but I will be at the following three
sessions and the weekend Macy workshop at White Bear UU Church on October
24-26).

So, a long answer to a couple of short questions. As you can probably tell,
I am most definitely looking forward to marching in NYC on September 21. It
would be great if there were other folks from FUS there as well.