FW: Celebrating 75 years
From: MADELINE SIMON (madeline-mplsmsn.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 08:12:26 -0800 (PST)
FYI: They don't say when Climate Justice Sunday is.

Peace,
Madeline

Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 04:00:50 -0600
From: info [at] uusc.org
To: madeline-mpls [at] msn.com
Subject: Celebrating 75 years

Unitarian Universalist Service Committee

TOWARD JUSTICE
The Quarterly E-Newsletter of the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee

Winter 2015 Subscribe | Forward to a Friend | View in Web Browser

QUOTABLE
"We were urgently pressed to do everything we could because we were afraid that
we wouldn’t be able to accomplish what had to be done."
—Martha Sharp

In Depth
Celebrating 75 Years of Advancing Justice
By various contributors
Did you know that UUSC got its start by responding to Nazi oppression during
World War II? Or that UUSC hosted congressional delegations to Central America
in the 1970s that helped change U.S. policy? Delve into UUSC’s origins and
explore the first several in a series of impact stories that span 75 years.
In Their Own Words
Climate Change: A Pressing Moral Issue
Featuring Pamela Sparr
UUSC is a founding member of Commit2Respond, a new UU initiative to advance
climate justice. Find out what UUSC’s Pamela Sparr has to say about it — and
what you can do in the face of climate change.

Partner Profile
SoilFarm Multi-Culture Group
by Jessica Atcheson
This grassroots partner in Kenya works with UUSC on innovative climate
adaptation and mitigation projects in the Kakamega region. The SoilFarm
Multi-Culture Group (SFMG) partners with UUSC on Hope in Crops, a
community-based, community-led, community-benefiting program that educates
children, enables food sovereignty, and promotes sustainable livelihoods. Learn
more about how SFMG does it while also addressing the effects of climate change.

Photo from the Field
>From the UUSC Archives

Volunteers provided relief in Paris during World War II. View this photo and
learn more about UUSC’s history.

OF NOTE
Climate Justice Sunday: Blue Buckets Campaign
Spring Climate Change Advocacy Training for Young Adults
2014 Annual Report (PDF)
Winter/Spring 2015 Issue of Rights Now Newsletter (PDF)

E-mail feedback to info [at] uusc.org.

Change e-mail address | Stop e-mails | Privacy policy

nonprofit software