Fwd: April 18: David Loy on "Buddhism & The Ecological Challenge"
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 15:10:49 -0700 (PDT)
I thought I'd share this notice with MUUSJA folks as well.

From: Scott Jackson <sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Subject: Fwd: April 18: David Loy on "Buddhism & The Ecological Challenge"
To: "mn350-tar-sands-team [at] googlegroups.com" <
mn350-tar-sands-team [at] googlegroups.com>

Brian mentioned in a recent email that MN350's organizing model has been
inspired by the Three Dimensions of the Great Turning (holding actions,
life-sustaining systems and practices, and a shift in consciousness) set
out in Joanna Macy's *Active Hope: How to Face the Mess* *We're in without
Going Crazy*.

Despite having gone crazy more than 50 years ago, I too have been inspired
by Joanna's life and writings, and I too have embraced Buddhism as a
spiritual practice. Today I received notice from Kaia Svien (another
inspiring person whom I've known more than 40 years) about two events with
David Loy, a professor, writer, and Zen teacher who co-edited *A Buddhist
Response to the Climate* *Emergency*. *See* the details above.

Though it's a fairly long bus ride to an early event for this seriously
owlish geezer, I hope to attend. Perhaps I'll see some familiar faces.