FW: Tell the DNR how you feel about PolyMet's mine proposal
From: MADELINE SIMON (madeline-mplsmsn.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 18:06:01 -0800 (PST)
You want this posted?

Thanks.

Peace,
Madeline

From: info [at] conservationminnesota.org
Subject: Tell the DNR how you feel about PolyMet's mine proposal
To: madeline-mpls [at] msn.com
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 19:00:58 -0600

Conservation Minnesota

Donate | Visit Us Online

Dear Madeline,

Time is running out to tell the Minnesota DNR
that PolyMet’s sulfide mine proposal would do more harm than good. You only
have until 4:30 PM on Monday, December 14th to file your objection to PolyMet
with
the DNR.

Take action right now and tell the DNR that
PolyMet’s plan is not worth the risk to our clean water legacy.

PolyMet’s proposed sulfide mine would require 500
years of treating polluted water. Despite years of review, in this final plan
there
is no additional information about how to Minnesota protect taxpayers in case
PolyMet goes bankrupt or a disaster occurs. In addition, the plan currently
shows that Polymet could destroy or drain of thousands of acres of wetlands.
All of this for only 20 years of mining? It’s clear that PolyMet’s plan is a
bad deal for Minnesota.

Now is the time – tell the DNR what you think
about the final PolyMet plan.

Thanks for all you do to protect Minnesota’s
clean water legacy.

Sincerely,

Paul Austin
Conservation Minnesota

Paul Danicic
Friends of the Boundary
Waters Wilderness

Scott Strand
Minnesota Center for
Environmental Advocacy

                   Unsubscribe | Visit our web site | Contact Us | Donate |

                  1101 West River Parkway, Suite 250, Minneapolis, MN 55119
tel: 612.767.2444

                  Mining Truth©  a project of Conservation Minnesota, Friends
of the Boundary Waters Wilderness, and the Minnesota Center for Environmental
Advocacy
2015 All rights reserved.

nonprofit software