Party for Keith Ellison NE Minneapolis at Spot Art Gallery! - You're invited!
From: Aaron Neumann (dflpulsetc.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:43:42 -0700 (PDT)
Dear progressives,

On Friday, August 25th my wife, Noelle DeHarpporte, and I are co-hosting
with Ford Bell, Phil Willkie, Ron DeHarpporte, Ed Felien, and Tom Taylor, a
party the DFL and labor endorsed candidate for U.S. Congress (5th District),
Keith Ellison. (http://www.keithellison.org)

It will be from 7pm - late at the beautiful Spot Art Gallery located at 1828
Marshall Street N.E., Minneapolis, right on the Mississippi River next to
"Gabby's" restaurant (between Broadway and Lowry Aves NE). We will have
refreshments and appetizers, and live music provided by the local great
classic Country/Blues guitarist, Lonesome Dan Kase.

You can view the flier about the event here:

http://voteneumann.org/events.php?action=fullnews&id=71

Although I don't know Keith Ellison as long as some, I do know that at 42,
he is a dedicated husband & father of four children, a civil rights attorney
(he was executive director of the Legal Rights Center), an environmental
justice leader (founder of E-JAM, Environmental Justice Advocates of
Minnesota), a state legislator, and has a long history of community service
working on issues including privacy, welfare reform, indigent defense,
improving community-police relations, among many others.

Keith Ellison currently represents House District 58B in North Minneapolis
at the Minnesota State Legislature, one of the most economically, racially,
and demographically diverse districts in the State.

The principles of equality and fairness, and the values of social justice,
ecology, democracy and peace have guided Keith Ellison to the unique
intersection of being the DFL endorsed candidate for Congress and the
candidate that transcends partisan boundaries. It is these values that we
stand behind and why we support Keith Ellison for Congress.  His commitment
to the policies of peace, renewable/sustainable energy, universal
health-care, and economic justice for all Americans will serve our district,
nation, and future generations well.

We have a rare opportunity to send someone from our community that will
represent us in the spirit of the Wellstone tradition. Please come down to
the beautiful Spot Art Gallery in lovely lower NE Mpls, Friday night, August
25th from 7pm - late in the eve, and hear for yourself directly from our
next Congressmen, Keith Ellison.

http://voteneumann.org/events.php?action=fullnews&id=71

If you have any questions call Anna from the Ellison campaign at
612.522.4416, or visit http://www.keithellison.org. And please forward this
message widely.

Yours, in solidarity,

Aaron Neumann
612.788.1284 (cell)
612.822.0342 (office)
612.824.0000 (Pulse)
aaron [at] voteneumann.org
---------------------
"A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the
helm." ~ Henrik Ibsen (Major Norwegian playwright of the late 19th century)
www.PulseTC.com
www.VoteNeumann.org
www.CollectiveSight.com
www.gLizard.com
www.YoTheMovement.org
www.myspace.com/aaronneumann

  • Progressive Calendar 08.17.06 David Shove, August 17 2006
    • Party for Keith Ellison NE Minneapolis at Spot Art Gallery! - You're invited! Aaron Neumann, August 18 2006