Ghosts, Gore, and Glitter--Next Up from Gadfly Theatre Productions
From: Gadfly Theatre (gadflytheatregmail.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 11:12:16 -0700 (PDT)
*For Immediate Release:*

Last year, Gadfly Theatre Productions, an intersectional queer and feminist
theatre and performing arts production company out of Minneapolis started
an annual one-act geek fest fitting our mission. We started with a sci-fi
theme, taking you to galaxies far away and post-apocalyptic worlds.
Audiences loved it, and this year we've cleaned it up, streamlined it, and
given it a spooky take with a one-act horror festival.We have six great
shows by six great playwrights being directed by...you guessed it! Six
great directors! Ghosts, gore, and glitter are all featured in at least one
show, and we can't wait to bring it to you this July at Nimbus Theater. The
six shows and further information are listed below:

*Lace Curtain Irish* by Carolyn Gage
Directed by Cassandra Snow
This one-woman show starring Gina Sauer is told from the point of view of
Lizzie Borden’s maid during the gruesome 19th century Borden murders.
Bridget Sullivan and Lizzie Borden’s relationship is unclear, but Borden
herself has long been hailed as a secret lesbian icon. Famed playwright
Gage imagines her as she most likely was--a rescuing butch trying to make
it through life as a closeted queer woman, and imagines Bridget as she
likely was--a woman struggling with PTSD and repressed memories, who may or
may not have a guilty cross to bear.

*Belong Dead* by Andrew Rosdail
Directed by Immanuel Elliott
Dr. Frankenstein made a monster. Later, the monster desired a mate. Now, it
is the 21st century and both monster and bride struggle with their borrowed
immortality and what we leave behind. This show is a feminist retelling of
a woman created for a man, and the fragility of modern relationships.
Starring Sarah Parker and Daniel Flohr.

*Abscission* by Eric LaRocca
Directed by Paul Von Stoetzel
In the fourth quadrant of an unnamed country rampant with civil unrest the
government has issued a mandate in which all civilians who openly identify
as homosexual are ordered to work camps or executed. In an abandoned cellar
and operating theatre of a well-known surgeon and biochemist who has since
been executed a young woman crosses paths with a soldier of this regime.
This show, starring Adri Mehra and Hannah Jo Stein, features a transgender
character fighting for her right to exist.

*Dragula* by Darrin Hagen and Trevor Schmidt
Directed by Rye Gentleman
You'll scream . . . with laughter. You'll gasp . . . at the fabulous wigs.
>From the wickedly witty pens of Darrin Hagen and Trevor Schmidt, DRAGULA
blends familiar elements of gothic thrillers with insightful commentary
gender politics in a madcap comedy that will have you on the edge of your
seat . . . with terror! Dragula’s feature cast includes Anthony Michaels,
Felix Tomlinson, Shelley Johnson, and Ian Donahue

*Gone* by Cody Daigle
Directed by Chava Curland
A young gay college student, Harris, played by Denzel Belin, witnesses
something horrifying at his job at a porn video store: a man disappears
into thin air. He soon discovers from his best friend, Jen, portrayed by
Kira Pontiff, that people are "blinking" everywhere, and no one knows how
to stop it. As Harris and Jen figure out what to do as the human race is
slowly erased, a terrible secret that binds them together comes bubbling to
the surface. They must cope with it, before one -- or both -- are gone.

*Hell’s Bed and Breakfast* by Kim Carney
Directed by MadelineKarita Fleming
A two-character comedy that tells the story of a queer couple who -- while
exploring old houses for a possible bed 'n' breakfast site -- make a
chilling and gruesome discovery.  The show, which stars Hannah Jo Stein and
Quinn Villagomaex, brings subconscious fears about queerness and commitment
to the surface.

*Festival Locations and Dates:*
The Final Frontier Festival: Horror, will be held at Nimbus Theatre July
10-12th and 17th-19th.
Each Friday night includes a post-show discussion about the Set featuring
representatives from each show, and Saturday the 11th features a post-show
reception for cast, crew, and donors alike.

 *Set A* 7/10, 7/12, 7/18
*Gone*
*Hell's Bed 'N' Breakfast*
*Belong Dead*