Conversational Salon
From: patty (pattypaxearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 19:40:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,,   This Tuesday, July 10, the salon will hear about Cold Water Spring with
Susu Jeffrey and Sue Ann Martinson.   Here is a glimpse of what we will hear
and see via a slide show.

Coldwater Springs is 10,000 years old and is the last major natural spring in
Hennepin County, flowing at about 80,000 gallons a day. Coldwater furnished
water to Fort Snelling 1820-1920.
The National Park Service refuses to recognize Coldwater as a Dakota sacred
site or to negotiate with concurring parties about how the park will be
"improved."
Last December the NPS clear-cut the area.
The Friends of Coldwater slide show emphasizes the beauty of this 27-acre area
and the vision of a Green Museum, where the land is the museum.

Next week we will watch the first part of the film, The Corporation.  The next
part will be the following week, and the last week of July we will be
discussing the Little Book of the Odd Month Club,  Early Candlelight, by Maud
Hart Lovelace.  A historical fiction about the beginnings of  Minnesota .   A
really lovely book.

Thanks,

Patty