Re: Documents from communites will NOT be editable [was: let's get this...
From: Andrew Netherton (andrewnethertongmail.com)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 05:43:05 -0800 (PST)
On 2/15/07, Fred H Olson <fholson [at] cohousing.org> wrote:
I dont expect documents will be stored "IN" the wiki but rather linked from it.

Having slept on it, I fully understand now. I came to the same conclusion myself just this morning, even before reading your example. I agree - linked from the wiki, not stored in it.

In fact, this should make things a lot easier.  I now see an entire
web of information.  If you want to look up a particular project (say,
Windsong) you can simply find that particular wiki page.  From there
(assuming they've submitted their documentation) all of their
documents will be available.

At the same time, however, there will be an array of document wiki
pages, explaining what each document is and does, with links to
further explanations, and from there a link to a page with nothing but
links to sample documents of that kind.  Not a very good verbal
explanation, but I can see it, so I can implement it.  :)

OK, I'm quite pumped about this wiki now.  I'm going to go teach
myself about Mediawiki formatting.

Andrew Netherton
Laurel Creek Commons (soon to have a wiki.cohousing.org page!)
Waterloo, ON, Canada