Setting up Mediawiki
From: Dirk Herr-Hoyman (hoymanddanenet.org)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 05:54:31 -0800 (PST)
I'll try to help as I can in getting Mediawiki running on
wiki.cohousing.org

I can deal with the unix shell access, if you'd like to send me
a login, Fred, I can be more directly useful.  I have like 25 years
of unix experience and won't do anything odd without asking.

The instructions from Tiger Technologies give a general sense of
what you need to do. However, these are specific to that hosting service.

The steps to setup Mediawiki are also documented at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Installation
I would suggest using the "web installation script", that will give
the default install.  But first, there are prerequisites...

It would be good to use PHP 5 and MySQL 5. Do you have those available?
I'm not seeing any dependancy on Apache 2, though if you have that I would
suggest using it.
This allows us to be on the most current version of Mediawiki, 1.9.

There could be some adjustments needed to the PHP configuration,
depending on how the web server's PHP is configured.  These will
become apparent right away :-)

Ok, got to head off to work...

--Dirk

--