Re: Setting up Mediawiki
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:03:18 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Dirk Herr-Hoyman wrote:

> I'll try to help as I can in getting Mediawiki running on
> wiki.cohousing.org
>
> I can deal with the unix shell access, if you'd like to send me
> a login, Fred, I can be more directly useful.  I have like 25 years
> of unix experience and won't do anything odd without asking.
>
> The instructions from Tiger Technologies give a general sense of
> what you need to do.  However, these are specific to that hosting
> service.

Sorry, I guess I did not indicate that Tiger Tech IS the hosting service
where wiki.cohousing.org will be. BTW I continue to be amazed with how
impressed I am with Tigertech's support -- see
http://justcomm.org/#tigertech

BTW justcomm.org is an alias domain for a subdomain of cohousing.org So in
different senses justcomm.org is a part of cohousing.org but in other
senses Justcomm is the umbrella around Cohousing-L , l.cohousing.org and
now wiki.cohousing.org . And of course www.cohousing.org is hosted
elsewhere.  Kind of a tangled web has evolved tho really quite logical in
it's twisted way.

I have yet to compare your measage to Tiger Tech instructions closely so
this is just a brief reply to clarify this one point.

Tho the TT instructions were as of WM 1.7.1 a closer read indicates to me
that the expect them to apply to ver 1.9 .  I have yet to decide whether
I'll try to install myself; I'm at least think I may.

I'd like to feel more confidant about installing software so this sort
of looks like a chace for an easy success.  Tho If you can be available if
complications develop that would be great.

More later.

As it happens this is kind of a busy weekend so I dont know when I'll get
back to this stuff.

Fred