Re: Setting up Mediawiki
From: Dirk Herr-Hoyman (hoymandgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 05:30:00 -0800 (PST)
On 2/17/07, Fred H Olson <fholson [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Dirk Herr-Hoyman wrote:

> I'll try to help as I can in getting Mediawiki running on
> wiki.cohousing.org

I have yet to compare your measage to Tiger Tech instructions closely so
this is just a brief reply to clarify this one point.

Tho the TT instructions were as of WM 1.7.1 a closer read indicates to me
that the expect them to apply to ver 1.9 .  I have yet to decide whether
I'll try to install myself; I'm at least think I may.

I'd like to feel more confidant about installing software so this sort
of looks like a chace for an easy success.  Tho If you can be available if
complications develop that would be great.

This is a straightforward install.  The TT instructions to make sense,
these are additional steps before you get to the Mediawiki install.
Use PHP 5, that's my one firm bit of advice.  Mediawiki has it's only
installer,
which you can run right in your web browser.

--

Dirk Herr-Hoyman
http://arboretumcohousing.org