Wiki uploads
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:42:02 -0700 (PDT)
I've been playing with the setup to allow uploads.
For a little while (around 7-8pm cst 3/12/07) I had a setup problem that
prevented loading the wiki home page but got that fixed.

The upload facility is primarily intended for images but can be used for
other things...

Currently it works for files with extensions:
 'png', 'gif', 'jpg', 'jpeg'

By default there are a number of extensions that it is setup to not allow
due to security risks including:

# HTML may contain cookie-stealing JavaScript and web bugs
        'html', 'htm', 'js', 'jsb',

.txt , .pdf , .doc and .odt don't seem to be on any list so I think they
can be added to the permitted list but I have yet to do so. (and it by
default does not allow extensions that are not mentioned.

I uploaded a (large 600+ Kb) .jpg file as a test and it worked tho it
complained about the size (it recommends limiting uploads to 150 Kb

Uploading is done from the "toolbox" (menu on lower left) Special Pages >
Upload.

I think you can go ahead and try it (I can delete tests.)

Probably enough playing for tonight.

FRed

Communications for Justice -- Free, superior listserv's w/o ads:
http://justcomm.org      My Link Pg: http://fholson.cohousing.org
612-588-9532 (7am-10pm CST/CDT)   Email: fholson at cohousing.org