Re: Cohousing wiki hit with advertising edit
From: Andrew Netherton (andrewnethertongmail.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:07:32 -0700 (PDT)
Moderating a few of my own lists, I can sympathize with wanting to
keep things accessible, yet preventing spam or vandalism.  I'm all for
requiring registration, or requiring approval for unregistered edits.
If it's already getting spammed, we'd better get on that quickly
before our wiki become deluged.  Trust me, I had to deal with blog
comment spam not too long ago, and it gets out of hand VERY quickly.
I'd advise to make the change immediately, and debate the merits
later.  You don't want to have to spend a few hours a day undoing
malicious entires.

Regards,
Andrew