Editing and registration
From: Philip Proefrock (architectcornellbox.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:26:31 -0700 (PDT)
I wouldn't mind being nudged to sign in when I go to edit the site.  In
fact, I've inadvertently done my last few edits without being logged on.

I think that Wikipedia does not allow editing of some of the major pages
(particularly the front page).  Maybe we can allow some editing of minor
pages without registration.  But I think at least the major pages should
only be edited by someone who is willing to be accountable by identifying
themselves.

I think there's also a blacklist function in MediaWiki, and I would add
the logged IP address of the spammer to that list.

Philip