Communities in Climate Action with MN Interfaith Power & Light
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 05:52:21 -0700 (PDT)
MN Interfaith Power & Light recently launched Communities in Climate Action
every Wednesday night at 6 pm at Gandhi Mahal. Congregations are invited to
be co-sponsors. I think it would be most excellent if the MUUSJA
environmental working group were to co-sponsor an evening every three
months or so, including once this summer.

The weekly event was held for the first time on Thursday, May 29, and has
continued the two successive Wednesdays. Because of conflicts I have not
yet been able to attend, but I intend to check it out next Wednesday, June
18. It would be great to see other folks from our group.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com
Join Us! Information for Co-Sponsors

As we face the biggest problem of our time, climate change, coming together
as communities of concerned, engaged citizens is vital to sustaining our
work, and ourselves. Communities in Climate Action is a way to join
together as diverse communities working to create a just, sustainable
future and support that vital work through ethical eating. Gandhi Mahal has
committed to donating 10% of their proceeds to organizations in the Climate
Movement every Wednesday. Gandhi Mahal is leading the way with a clear
commitment to climate action,using recyclables, compostable containers, and
turning cooking oil into biodiesel. Now they are making history by building
an aquaponic system in the restaurant. Each week, we will come together to
celebrate and support the work that we are doing together to build a just a
sustainable future for all.

It is our hope that these nights will serve not only as a fundraising
opportunity, but as a hub of climate activism and environmental justice
work in the Twin Cities. We would love to partner with your organization or
faith community to host community conversations at the restaurant as a way
to collaborate and support each other's work, and share the proceeds of the
night. Together, we will create space and a program that is truly inclusive
and supportive of the diverse communities working to build a just,
sustainable future for all!

Contact Campaign Coordinator, Claire Curran, at claire [at] mnipl.org