Nate Hagens -- The Converging Environmental & Economic Crises
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 23:55:15 -0700 (PDT)
Here's an upcoming event co-sponsored by MN350.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com
MN350 is pleased to co-present a talk by Nate Hagens on Thursday, July 10
-- The Converging Environmental & Economic Crises: A Pep Talk For Those
Paying AttentionThis talk is the second in a series being co-sponsored by
MN350, along with a number of Transition Town organizations as well as MCAD
Sustainable Design Program. As we consider both the sense of urgency and
the possibility for our planet, MN350 believes that the transition to a
low-carbon future is most likely to occur in conjunction with the parallel
development of new models to replace our dependence on fossil fuels as well
as deep personal and communal changes that shift the collective
consciousness of our society.
​ ​
Hence, MN350 participates in and supports a broad range of activities that
focus on both these new models and the collective consciousness. This new
speaker series is focused on the second of these "three pillars" --
developing new models that assist in moving away from our dependence on
fossil fuels.

The tug-of-war between economic growth and doing what
​'​
s right for the environment is intensifying.  What are the factors driving
development and growth to this point, the brink of ecological collapse?
Ecological economist Nate Hagens will talk about the economic, environmental
​,​
and behavioral drivers of growth and overshoot. He
​'​
ll look at the interrelationship between debt-based financial markets and
natural resources, particularly energy. And he
​'​
ll examine the behavioral obstacles to changing our consumption patterns.
Beyond analysis, Nate offers suggestions on how individuals and society
might better adapt to what
​'​
s ahead and the physical and psychological changes we might adopt.

Please join us — and invite others via our Facebook event link.

Thursday, July 10, 7pm
Mpls College of Art and Design Main Auditorium
2501 Stevens Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Free Admission * Donation Requested

 MN350 Nate Hagens Facebook event
<http://mn350.nationbuilder.com/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fevents%2F676438062431003%2F&utm_campaign=natehagens&n=1&e=a2e83d78f0b82b028f91eb3409764499794eed7e&utm_source=mn350&utm_medium=email>

Sincerely,

Tom McSteen
For the MN350 Leadership Team