Obama Pursuing Climate Accord in Lieu of Treaty
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 05:53:02 -0700 (PDT)
Scott Jackson shared the NYT article below via the NYT site but
that is incompatible with the listserv so I am reposting it
Fred, the list manager <fholson [at] cohousing.org>
More fancy footwork from Obama to circumvent the Senate. I shudder to think
about next year, if the Senate passes into Republican hands as predicted.
Scott Jackson

      Obama Pursuing Climate Accord in Lieu of Treaty [p.nytimes.com]

        By CORAL DAVENPORT

To sidestep Senate approval, President Obama?s negotiators are devising what
they call a ?politically binding? deal to ?name and shame? countries into
cutting their emissions.

http://nyti.ms/1pEMD6k