Fwd: Stop Runaway Oil Trains!
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:13:50 -0700 (PDT)
Here's another oil train petition.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lauren Pagel, Earthworks <action [at] earthworksaction.org>
Date: Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Subject: Stop Runaway Oil Trains!
To: sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

      [image: CLICK HERE to take action]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=tObXumWPGFPNESraCi3XedTPh9%2BLfIYK>
[image:
CLICK HERE to take action]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=T9vb6HJhQDOfiivHC5uZl9TPh9%2BLfIYK>
 [image:
EARTHWORKS email banner TOP tagline]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zclReFlHkcbEQZdO4DpOBtTPh9%2BLfIYK>

*Explosive oil trains in your backyard?*

*Urge the Obama administration: protect us from runaway oil trains
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=jBHBCLH%2Fy%2FA6QJPldOpatiCchLQxGxA0>*

  Oil train explosion in Lynchburg, VA

Dear Scott,

The oil industry doesn't want you to know about its invasion of communities
across the country with trains hauling explosive crude oil.

They don't want you to know that the trains are hazardous. They don't want
you to know that the rail cars carrying the volatile crude were built to
haul corn syrup -- not explosives.

*And Big Oil definitely doesn't want you to know these ill-equipped train
cars are putting our communities at risk: last year alone they spilled more
crude oil than in the previous forty years combined.*

The National Transportation Safety Board has known for decades that these
outdated cars carrying crude oil create an enormous hazard, and have a
tendency to puncture when they derail. It’s time we tell the Secretary of
Transportation to stop these trains!

*TAKE ACTION: Tell Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx to protect our
communities and stop shipment of explosive fracked oil by rail.
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=h1i3CGd6Kv%2BScG1Qabp2LdTPh9%2BLfIYK>*

Thank you!

Lauren Pagel, Policy Director

*Instructions:*

   - *Click here to take action. *

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uz2W0Hd%2BNSsZEE9S1mATCNTPh9%2BLfIYK>
   - Once on the action page

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OL7Hdf2kUa5V56%2Fhb5LpI9TPh9%2BLfIYK>,
   sign your name and click "submit".
   - SHARE the alert with your friends and family via the subsequent page.
   Share via email, Facebook, Twitter and/or Google+.
   - *Find more info on the action page.

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Uq20rlVgDRnd%2Fkgeq6Jc%2BdTPh9%2BLfIYK>*