Climate change conference
From: Nancy B. Miller (nancy.millerprodigy.net)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:00:44 -0700 (PDT)
Dear fellow CCCs:

Can you help??? I was planning to go to the extremely valuable, important
climate change conference being put on by Fresh Energy this next Monday,
September 16, on the St. Paul UofM campus. Iâm including here info about the
conference.

It had been my intention to go to the conference, but early this morning, I
broke my fracking toe!!! They tell me to stay off it for 1 â 2 weeks, fer the
cryeye. It sounds like an extremely useful conference for us. Can anyone go in
my stead, please?    Nancy

Below is the information about where, when:

Monday, September 16, 7:00PM (doors at 6:30PM)
St. Paul Student Center Theater
St. Paul Campus, University of Minnesota
2017 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota 55108
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LhOi3_n3mpdjYestQsVgTLu1xbET9G7A35k5C4E2A-FI
B5ih_VQQbRquP0WaELrsnzuGLRqQRtZRZvxrRWMHbz0bipG67b75znwpPxInno2a1s2rAjogShkG
8wU_dT-X>

Minnesota is on a clean energy path that is bringing benefits to human
health and our air, water, and natural resources. But our work is not done.
Join us for a public discussion about the costs of burning coal to our
climate, natural resources, economy, and health, and the opportunities for
clean energy in Minnesota. Hear Will Steger's vivid, firsthand account of
climate change with stunning photographs from his expeditions. J. Drake
Hamilton will describe effective clean energy and clean air solutions that
benefit our economy.

The forum will also provide information on upcoming decisions about Xcel
Energy's Sherco 1 and 2 coal plants and the opportunities for public comment
to help move Minnesota to an innovative, clean energy future based on more
solar, wind, and energy efficiency.
The public comment deadline is October 1.

Free and open to the public. Download the event flyer
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LhOi3_n3mpcMwoSdQ31tLNemD5HNNGNcJXx0egSBuVVh
x1zOD1nmlk8LQVzlyONX5ASfoc6BM7iX_qXXGnk7QFWLWSiS4p8qVmxKiDeA0NIlthkOMDBwIows
LpHqAILJzRMrVB29HkXjUi1alngD5lnkK-tTulCVjwOTu05-Hpg1PWq7Wuc3wn9_hpW3N-KYAblU
o0bTSW4=> .