Forum on Race, Climate and Community Health
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 21:15:51 -0800 (PST)
Yo Climate Change Agents!

I just pulled this information off the MN350 calendar. Unfortunately, the
calendar isn't set up to allow the full description to show if it's long,
so it ends in mid-sentence, but it's enough to get the drift. Although the
Citizens Climate Lobby's regional conference at Macalester College, which I
posted earlier, is happening at the same time, at this point I'm more
inclined to attend this because of my strong interest in climate justice.

On the other hand, it's a long bus ride, with two transfers, from my
Phillips apartment to the Wellstone Center, so my attendance may depend on
someone else from CCC or the larger EcoMinds working group (if the group
actually exists by then) attending who is willing to give me a ride. If
someone is willing to step forward, please let me know.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

*Forum on Race, Climate and Community Health: Setting a New Compass for
Climate Justice *
With Chicana activist Kim Wasserman

Sat
urday
, January 25, 2014, 12:30pm – 5:00pm
Wellstone Center
,
179
East
Robie Street, Saint Paul
(map<http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Wellstone%20Center%20179%20Robie%20Street%20E%2C%20Saint%20Paul>
)

Chicana Activist Kim Wasserman received the prestigious Goldman
Environmental Award
in 2013
for her environmental health and justice work. Successfully organizing to
shut down two of the country's oldest and dirtiest coal plants in her
Chicago neighborhood
,
Kim is now turning to organize for climate and energy policies that work to
build vibrant and healthy communities. A strong Chicana leader, Kim will
present on re-claiming our future and our environment.

The Forum also includes a presentation on the Environmental Justice Mapping
Tool for Community Advocacy. The Twin Cities EJ Mapping Tool is a community
organizing and planning tool. The tool enables community access to
information about environmental health hazards, especially in Native,
low-income and communities of color. A demonstration of the tool will be
presented and community members will be able to engage foundation, state
and city officials about their strategies for achieving environmental
justice in