"A New Year's Resolution for Boosting Your Climate Knowledge"
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 20:52:30 -0800 (PST)
Yo Climate Change Students!

I found "A New Year's Resolution for Boosting Your Climate Knowledge" at
CARBONCOPY: A climate, energy, science and politics blog published by
InsideClimate News and accessible here:
http://insideclimatenews.org/content/new-years-resolution-boosting-your-climate-knowledge.
It describes four free online courses that address various aspects of
climate science and policy.

I've reviewed the courses' websites, and although I lack the science and
math background for the MIT course, the other three appear to be helpful
refreshers that could sharpen my ability to engage in climate activism and
in climate conversations with others.

I already have permission to audit (for free) *PA 5790-002 Science and
Policy of Global Environmental Change* starting on January 21 on the St.
Paul campus of the University of Minnesota, and that would ordinarily be
sufficient, but I'm willing to take one of the online courses as well if
other CCC members are interested in studying together.

It's even possible that one of the courses (most likely the Exeter or World
Bank course) could serve as the basis of an Adult Learning and Growth
seminar this winter. Because I haven't yet rejoined FUS, I can't contact
Wendy Jerome or Miles Lawson, but if someone else agrees, I would
appreciate it if you would forward this email to one or both of them.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com