Fwd: Solar Opportunities, Climate Conversations and more....
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 18:33:14 -0800 (PST)
Here are some New Year opportunities from MN Interfaith Power & Light. FUS
is already participating in the 2014 National Preach-In on Climate Change
on February 16, thanks to Rev. David's initiative.

Although my proposal that the Climate Change Changers and FUS be among the
ten congregations testing MNIPL's new Climate Conversations model by
participating in the Climate Conversations Pilot Campaign, I'm sure we
could still sign on if there's a small green team willing to take up the
task. I'm certainly willing to head up the team.

I also heartily recommend the four-session Be the Spark workshop series,
which I attended in the fall. The first session focuses on climate
conversations, so the series would be ideal for building a green team to
carry out the campaign. I'd even be willing to attend the February-March
series if that would help others to jump in as well. Working at some of the
sessions with three UU's from First Universalist made Be the Spark even
more helpful.

Finally, I plan to attend Love Your Planet Comedy Night on February 15. The
more UU's the merrier, as far as I'm concerned.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com