Re: Silica ('Frac') Sand
From: Marcy Leussler (mleusslerhotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:05:35 -0800 (PST)
No, the PolyMet has applied for a mining permit and all that goes with that.
They are on the second (or third ) version of the required environmental impact
statement to get the mining permit. MN already has in place many rules and
requirements for mining. Silica sand extraction is a new thing.

Marcy